In this weeks newsletter we asked the following questions.
- If he doesn’t change the daily menu enough, which chefs line cooks call him a p@$$y? Chef Andrea Frizzi from Il Posto.
- Who was the first chef in two years to finish all his prep on time everyday at a prestigious New York City restaurant? John Davidson from the Crushery. John worked at Gramercy Tavern.
- Who was the inspiration for a character in the movie “Big Night”? Chef Fabio Flagiello from Bacaro Venetian Taverna in Boulder.
Answers for the previous newsletter
- Which chefs drew plans for their restaurant on a cocktail napkin over drinks? Dakota Soifer and Eric Lee from Café Aion. Café Aion was just named one of the best new restaurants of 2010 by 5280 magazine.
- Which restaurant has grasshoppers on the menu? Zocalito in Aspen. Chef Mike Beary travels every six months to Oaxaca, Mexico to bring back sugars, chocolate, spices and peppers.
- Who said being a chef is like living in a state of madness? Martin Oswald, formerly of Syzygy. Martin just opened up Pyramid Bistro in Aspen.
Congratulations to our winners!